Wednesday, January 9, 2013

// // 5 comments

How to Make a Pom Pom!


Today I'm going to show you how to make a pom pom...on Friday, I'm going to share a dozen math, science, exploration, and motor skill activities you can do with your pom poms and preschoolers!


Making pom poms is really easy!  First, you need to gather yarn and scissors.  Then follow these steps:

1- Make a yarn bundle by wrapping the yarn around two fingers about thirty times.  If you want bigger pom poms, use more fingers and wrap the yarn more times!


2- Tie a piece of yarn around the middle of your yarn bundle once.


3- Slide the yarn bundle off your fingers, tighten the tie, then knot it 3-4 more times.  This knot must be very tight.


4- Cut all the loops!


5- Trim the edges and fluff your new pom pom!


Ta da!!  Super easy...now you can make a pile of pom poms and check back in a few days for fun ways to use them!!





I may share at any of these parties!

5 comments:

Erin D - The Usual Mayhem said...

I haven't made pom-poms since I was a kid! I loved making those! Digging out my yarn stash right now. Thanks Carla!

Carla at Preschool Powol Packets said...

You bet, Erin! My 5-year old and I had a blast making these! And everyone loved playing with them!!

Unknown said...

You make it look so easy! I can't wait to see what you will use them for. Thanks for teaching us how to do this and for sharing on We Made That!

Carla at Preschool Powol Packets said...

We Made That, It is pretty easy, once you try a few! My kids love giving them "haircuts" to make them look more even, lol!

Vicky @ Mess For Less said...

Who knew they were so easy. Love how you change the color up depending on the occasion. Pinning this!